Geetanjali Mukherjee

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Blog Changes

As it might be obvious, there are some changes to the blog. I am no longer accepting interviews from authors. 

Last year, I developed a weekly series of author interviews, where authors talked about their writing process. I published an author interview every Wednesday, and honestly, it was my favorite part of this blog. However, it was taking up a lot of time, especially since I also committed to sharing quotes from their interview on social media and generally helping shine a spotlight on their work. I loved it, but I realized reluctantly that it was taking a lot of time away from my own book writing. I was revising one of my published books, which also took a lot more time than I had anticipated, and as a result of these and other factors, I didn’t publish any new books last year. As a writer, I am not happy about that, and hope to more than make up for it this year. In order to do that, I need more writing and research time. 

Therefore, I have ended the interview series. Obviously I will still honor any prior commitments, so any authors who have already been accepted for an interview will be accommodated. I am still accepting guest posts, so if you’re interested do get in touch, although it won’t be on a tight schedule. 

Although I am no longer doing interviews with current authors, I am still obsessed about the writing process and learning from other authors. I have been doing a ton of research on how various successful authors write, and I hope to have a book on this topic in the near future. I am also reading a lot of books on the craft of writing and the other topics I cover on this blog, so I hope to share some insights from them as well. 

If you are an author who was hoping to be interviewed on my blog and feel disappointed, I am truly sorry. However, I will note there are several excellent blogs that provide this service, many of them genre focused and better targeted to readers. 

I learned a lot from interviewing authors, and again I hope to share some of my insights in a future post. For now, its back to my reading pile and my WIP.

Update (March 2017):
I am now accepting author interviews again, on a rolling basis. I won't be able to keep up a weekly schedule, but will try to post when I can. I also regret that I may not be able to accomodate all requests, but feel free to send me an email and ask (see my About Me page). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...