Geetanjali Mukherjee

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Goodbye 2016!


In some ways 2016 wasn’t the best of years - many negative things happened, many good people died, and in general, the news was more unusually on the gloomy side. As is usual at this time of year, I am taking stock of my own life, and while not everything went swimmingly, I think there were many things to celebrate and be grateful for.

A Personal and Creative Update
On the personal side, I went to India to celebrate my mom’s 60th birthday with family and friends, and it was a wonderfully joyous occasion. I shifted house, and am very happily settled in at the new place, although there are still many things to do (still awaiting the delivery of the living room sofa!) I got back in touch with some old friends that I hadn’t heard from in years, which was also wonderful.

On the creative side, I finally managed to complete the revised edition of my cluster munitions book, and after months of despair, I ended up quite happy with it. I also managed to complete the first draft of a collection of essays that I hope to complete and publish next year. I started a new series of author interviews on my blog, and enjoyed getting a peek into the writing process of fellow authors. I read more books than I had planned to (91) although less than the year before (over 110). I learned a lot of new things on the marketing and business front. I also started a creative collaboration that I am excited about, and will probably share more about next year.

Looking Forward
This is also the time to make goal lists, and while I don’t usually make a list of resolutions, I do have goals and directions in which I would like to move my life. Inevitably things don’t always go as planned, but it is still good to have something concrete to focus towards. My main resolutions for 2017 are to become healthier, fitter and lose a certain amount of weight, as well as to write and publish my first fiction and my aforementioned essay book. I also have other creative projects I hope to complete.

I am planning to take my blog in a new direction, although I am not sure exactly what that is just yet. There will probably be more changes, but the one constant is that I hope to keep learning, work harder than I did this year and keep pushing myself to be more creative and share what I am learning in the hope that others can somehow benefit from my creative journey.


I am keeping this short because a glass of wine is calling my name. I want to wish all those reading this blog a very happy, prosperous and creative 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...